2018 Toyota Camry XSE is in the CF Garage

Home Forums Reviews CF Garage 2018 Toyota Camry XSE is in the CF Garage

0shares

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Scout 1 year, 7 months ago. This post has been viewed 831 times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ALUX

Camry will be available in five grades: L, LE, XLE, SE and XSE.  The sportier SE and XSE grades wear a noticeably different body style than the entry level L and LE, and premium XLE grades, highlighted by a sculpted rocker panel, new 19-inch black machined-finish alloy wheels (standard on XSE and optional on SE)  a subtle rear spoiler lip, aggressive front bumper, and rear bumper with a lower diffuser. The face is much more distinctive with large side intakes flanking the lower bumper’s unique “Catamaran-inspired” accents, a high and slim upper intake encompassing the central Toyota badge, and a powerfully expressive gloss black mesh grille. A unique rear bumper with distinctive corner lines and smoke-tinted rear combination lamps highlight the changes at the rear.

Designers sought to make the new Camry sport grades instantly recognizable and appear different from the other models from as far as 200 yards away.

Photo Credit: Copyright 2017 Angel Mosqueda / Car Fanatics Forum

lengnert
    Participant

The front end says Honda to me. Or, maybe an interpretation of the newer Honda front end styling.

I like the looks of the interior.

And, I am sure it will be a competent car.

That is probably the most positive comments I have written about Toyota in a long time.

Scout

The styling could almost be called bold as far as Toyota goes. What kind of power does it come with?

kamikazeKID
    Participant

Sporty!

supremor

The styling could almost be called bold as far as Toyota goes. What kind of power does it come with?

301 hp and 267 lb.-feet of torque.

Scout

301 hp and 267 lb.-feet of torque.

That’s darn decent. Did they tune the suspension in a way that makes it fun also? Or is it still driving appliance kind of stuff? Toyota really needs something exciting in the lineup. The FRS had potential but they let it flop power wise. It’s too bad the Camry is the “fun” car in the brand. Toyota needs a Supra kind of offering IMO.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.