Quantcast
Welcome to Car Fanatics Forum! Log In Sign Up - New Posts

LATEST NEWS: 2014 LA Auto Show Coverage

A rant by Zeep: The EAS (Emergency Alert System)
08-31-2011, 11:05 PM
A rant by Zeep: The EAS (Emergency Alert System)
Well... I'm bored so I kinda feel like posting a rant.
So you're watching some TV show at around 3 in the morning. You are watching a good episode so you can try to either; pass some time or fall back asleep so you can wake up for your appointment in 4 hours. It's getting to your favorite part and all of a sudden your TV looks like this.
[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3081.0;a...5175;image]
(Ok it might be a green or multicolored screen also)
Then even though the TV has its volume very low so you don't disturb your mom, sibling, girl whatever you hear a loud low pitched sound that scares the shit out of you. Then a high pitched sound goes on for 20 seconds straight and that scares you even more. It's so scary, you might have thought it's some sort of emergency but no... it's ONLY A TEST. About a minute later it all ends but it's a long minute that's scary since you're barely awake and it wakes you up more than drinking a million cups of coffee, but it's only 4 in the morning and now you can't sleep, so you're effed. Well, who can you thank? The government for frakking up your day. Thanks a lot America, I feel so great right now.

I'm being honest, if I had to list 5 things that scares me the most the EAS is number 2, just because you don't know when it's coming on (unless it's a real emergency you'll know) and it's pointless and because of it, I barely watch TV from 2 am to 6 am because of this. I became traumatized by this when it came on when I was watching Teletubbies or something when I was 2 and it was scary. It still haunts me to this day, just because it sounds like a robot is about to fly out of my TV and kill me. If it goes on I jump out the window, and 3 years ago when I had a top bunk bed I nearly slipped off the steps I go on. Why can't it just have the black title card and not make any noise? It's stupid and it scares a lot of people, I HATE IT! scares me everytime.

Rant over.

So if you have anything to say about the EAS, post it :WINK: I want opinions.

[Image: zeepsig-1.jpg]

08-31-2011, 11:08 PM
RE: A rant by Zeep: The EAS (Emergency Alert System)
Oh come on. It's only a test.

[Image: PAFCL_v4_slices_1024x1024.png?2206]
08-31-2011, 11:15 PM
But it's a scary test! Just like the SATs!

[Image: zeepsig-1.jpg]
09-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I actually like the EAS lol

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSALUeuCKddH0QGN-LhLO...IAJfPCq8iQ]
Made by Gixer,Thanks man!
"You are wise beyond your years"---BobShmoot
"That biatch is built Ford tough. Her face looks as ugly as the Super Duty's front end."---Rev
09-02-2011, 07:05 AM
BEEP
Beep
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE​E
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE​EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE​EEEEEEEEP!

This is a test of the Emergency Alert System. Your local broadcaster or cable provider is required to perform this test monthly.
If this had been a real emergency, it would be followed with instructions on where to turn for information.
This is a required monthly test of the Emergency Alert System.
This is only a test.

Beep
BEEP
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE​EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE​EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE​EEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Beep.

Now, your show comes back on at the beginning of a commercial break, or just after the climax of the storyline.

[Image: 14vetteSm_zpsbcd394eb.png]
09-02-2011, 07:24 AM
I was watching a movie in my theater room and had It really loud then this came on. I ran out of the house and apparently so did the dogs, they ran to my friends house a mile away laugh. Then my neighbor thought it was my fire alarmbrickwall

and then when it comes on when theres a thunderstorm and it just says stay indoors or its for a bunch of counties 20 miles awaybrickwall

weather channel does it right theres a little bing then an extra large ticker then it ends with an other bing
09-02-2011, 08:07 AM
What are you all talking about? I've only seen those once or twice on TV....

Learn to swim.
09-02-2011, 08:32 AM
If im watching tv I obviously am safely indoors and the warning does nothing for mefacepalm

Everyone gonna respect the shooter, but the one in front of the gun lives forever
09-04-2011, 12:27 AM
I usually rock out to the EAS. :rocker:

[Image: FuSig.jpg]
09-04-2011, 12:30 AM
I usually masturbate to it... :speechless:

Learn to swim.
09-04-2011, 09:32 AM
facepalm

Ewwww...

09-04-2011, 11:43 AM
JUST KIDDING
Hahaha..ha..ha.. Uh....

Learn to swim.
09-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Quit whining you little girlrofl

[Image: Capture_Main.jpg]
NOT THE GOAL BUT THE GAME, NOT THE VICTORY BUT THE ACTION, IN THE DEED THE GLORY
99 Grand Cherokee-04 Neon SXT
09-04-2011, 03:06 PM
AudiR8;131036 Wrote:JUST KIDDING
Hahaha..ha..ha.. Uh....

Then, put your damn pants back on!!

09-04-2011, 04:54 PM
bluestinger66;131088 Wrote:
AudiR8;131036 Wrote:JUST KIDDING
Hahaha..ha..ha.. Uh....

Then, put your damn pants back on!!

No, I like feeling the breeze.

Learn to swim.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Epic rant here - I am PISSED OFF! The 'Burg 15 1,064 12-29-2012 03:32 AM
Last Post: Brown_Pride
  Are people that butthurt over the rep system? docCarter 9 488 06-05-2012 08:47 PM
Last Post: 96s-10ss
  Another bi-yearly rant by yours truely REVolution 46 2,497 06-03-2012 12:47 PM
Last Post: MOPAR74

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)